Friday, July 6, 2012

Sweet Life.

"The best song wasn't the single. But you couldn't turn your radio down..."

Today, I resigned from a job that I didn't love. (Trust me, that was the nicest possible way to state that. Lol) More importantly, I've been hired at Radio One DC. Anybody who knows me knows how big this is. I've ALWAYS wanted to work in radio. That's what I wrote my papers about in high school. It's why I decided to get a Communications degree from Temple University. It's the reason that I did an internship at Radio One Philadelphia (which at this point, is the best experience that I've ever had in my life. Shout out to everybody there!)

Just the thought that someone is willing to pay me for something that I would honestly do for free is beyond me. It's truly the SWEET LIFE.

To make this day even better, one of my favorite artists out right now, Frank Ocean, released a new song. He's amazing. I love him. I'm pretty sure that his album is going to be my favorite of the year (which is pretty big because I am absolutely IN LOVE with Chris Brown's "Fortune" album right now. Lol) Anyway, I've been dying for this Frank Ocean album forever and the fact that it's 11 days away is an upgrade to my life.


The fact that I will see him live in concert in 17 days is an even bigger enhancement to my existence. If I ever get a chance to meet him, I'll thank him for allowing me to fall in love with music for the millionth time.

I just thought that it was so fitting for him to release this song on the day that my sweet life is beginning. It's truly poetic.

Thanks to everybody who hit me up today. You really made this feel like my birthday LOL. Let's all enjoy the "Sweet Life":

No comments:

Post a Comment